We are excited to welcome you to Duke University for the 2023-24 academic year!
Your DukeCard on Your Apple or Android Mobile Device
Before you arrive on campus, complete the Back to School tasks to help you get up and running as soon as possible. You can add your Mobile DukeCard to your mobile device as soon as your DukeCard photo has been approved.
Designate Your Chosen/Preferred FIRST Name
Duke University students can designate their chosen/preferred first name for display on your Mobile DukeCard. Go to DukeHub and select "My Profile" then click the pencil icon next to "Preferred Name" to update your information.
You should use your Mobile DukeCard unless you:
- Are unable to download the Mobile DukeCard because your device doesn't meet minimum requirements
- Need access to a specific lab or Health System building which requires a Prox DukeCard
Schedule an appointment on the DukeCard appointment site if you meet either of these conditions.
As a first-year student, you are required to purchase a dining plan, and you'll use your DukeCard for access to the dining halls. For more information, see the Duke Dining site.
Using Wireless Locks
East Campus residents in East House, Giles, Pegram, Southgate and Trinity have wireless locks on their bedroom doors. You can find more information about using wireless locks and how to report a problem here.
Back to School Tasks
- Install Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Select your chosen/preferred name and personal pronouns for printing on your DukeCard
- Submit your DukeCard Photo as soon as possible
- Install Transact eAccounts for your Mobile DukeCard
- Set your DukeCard PIN
Apps are available at the Apple App Store or on Google Play.