The Flexible Spending Account, or FLEX, is DukeCard's pre-paid debit account. Faculty, staff and students automatically receive a FLEX account when their DukeCard is issued. Pre-paid, refundable DukeCard FLEX funds can be used at participating campus, medical center, and hospital facilities, stores and gift shops, and vending machines. You can use DukeCard FLEX to pay for textbooks, school and office supplies, laundry services, recreation center membership and much more. FLEX virtually eliminates the need to carry cash on campus. Just swipe and go. It’s fast. It’s easy.
- Do I need a separate card for FLEX?
- Is there a minimum deposit to open an account?
- Can I add money to my account online?
- Can I add money to my FLEX account at DukeCard offices?
- What other options are available for FLEX deposits?
- Can I view my account statement online?
- Can I receive a printed account statement?
- Can I make cash withdrawals from my FLEX account?
- What if I find a discrepancy in my account statement?
- What if I lose my DukeCard – what happens to the money in my account?
- Do I get a refund if I close my FLEX account?
No. FLEX is a free option with the DukeCard that you carry for identification.
Students can deposit FLEX funds online by charging their Bursar account (See Manage Accounts).
Using the Duke@Work My Pay Tab, employees can deduct funds from pay and have those funds added to a FLEX account associated with their DukeCard.
See Self-service Locations for more information.
Yes. Visit the Online Card Office to check your balance and view activity, including date, location and transaction amount.
If you lose your card, suspend your account immediately using the Online Card Office. When you get your new card, your FLEX account will be available automatically.