The Flexible Spending Account, or FLEX, is DukeCard's pre-paid debit account. Open an account, and you can use your DukeCard to pay for textbooks, school and office supplies, laundry services, vending machines, food at campus eateries, recreation center membership and much more.
- Why should I sign up for FLEX?
- Do I need a separate card for FLEX?
- How do I sign up?
- What if I prefer to enroll in person?
- Is there a minimum deposit to open an account?
- Can I add money to my account online?
- Can I add money to my FLEX account at DukeCard offices?
- What other options are available for FLEX deposits?
- Can I view my account statement online?
- Can I receive a printed account statement?
- Can I make cash withdrawals from my FLEX account?
- What if I find a discrepancy in my account statement?
- What if I lose my DukeCard – what happens to the money in my account?
- Do I get a refund if I close my FLEX account?
No. FLEX is a free option with the DukeCard that you carry for identification.online. You can also enroll at the DukeCard offices, 012 TelCom Building on West Campus [map] or 04230 Duke Services Center in the Duke Clinics building [map].
Students can deposit FLEX funds online by charging their Bursar account (See Manage Accounts).
Faculty and staff can go online to FLEX Payroll Deduction to have funds dedcuted automatically from their paychecks each month. You pick an amount you want deducted from your bi-weekly or monthly paycheck, and that amount is deducted during the last pay period of each month and credited to your FLEX account by the first business day of the following month. The minimum payroll deduction is $10 and the maximum is $100.
See Self-service Locations for more information.
Yes. Visit the Online Card Office to check your balance and view activity, including date, location and transaction amount.
If you lose your card, suspend your account immediately using the Online Card Office. When you get your new card, your FLEX account will be available automatically.