Replacement Cards

If your DukeCard is lost or stolen:

  • Suspend your accounts through the Online Card Office.
  • Report your missing card to the DukeCard Office during normal business hours (see the home page for locations, contact information and hours).
  • Get a replacement card. See Get a DukeCard for where to go, what to do and how much it will cost.

If you believe you know where your DukeCard is—you left it at home during a break, for instance, and your parents are sending it to you—the DukeCard office can issue a temporary card that will provide the same access to buildings and accounts that your own card does. You must return the temporary card to the DukeCard Office when you get your DukeCard. You will be charged a $25 if you do not return the temporary card.

If you need a card when DukeCard offices are closed:

If you lose your card overnight, when both the DukeCard office and the Link are closed, contact your resident assistant for a card that will provide access to your residence hall. If you don't know how to reach your resident assistant, see the DukeReach page on the Students Affairs website for information on how to reach the dean on call.